Friday, October 2, 2009

No Nuts Shout Out!

For a while now, I've been coaching DJ on his peanut and tree nut allergy. While he's still too young to understand the true meaning of our little talks, he's definitely getting the gist.

Yesterday, we hit the grocery store. I love having him with me for this weekly chore; he seems to love holding onto my list and saying random food items he knows like he's actually reading it!

Each time I pick up a package I make a show of reading the label to him and saying stuff like "have to check for nuts" and "let's make sure there's no nuts."

My strategy is paying off. In line, grabby hands pulled a box of stuffing off the conveyer belt. DJ looked at the box the same way he's seen me do dozens of times now, and declared to the cashier in a very loud voice "No nuts!" and tossed it back on the pile. Next, beaming he added "I'm helpful"

Too freaking cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment