Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Lazy Baker Needs to Get Busy

I’m an admittedly lazy baker. While I love to cook, the precision required by baking often eludes me. With DJ’s second birthday coming up, I’ve been busy preparing for the festivities. This of course, will have to include some baking.

While I’m prepared to spend hours frosting an elaborate fire truck cake, what I’m not looking forward to is baking cupcakes to send with him to daycare.

If DJ wasn’t allergic to peanuts and tree nuts this wouldn’t really be an issue; I would pick up a half dozen cupcakes from a local bakery. He would get a special treat to share with his tot friends, and I would get to spend less time in the kitchen. But he is.

Of course, the other option would be to not send anything. But what kid wouldn’t love cupcakes on their birthday?

One thing I want to make sure of is that DJ never feels like he missed out on anything because of his allergy – and that includes taking cupcakes to daycare. So it looks like I know what I’m doing tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment