Sunday, June 28, 2009

Every Label, Every Time

When I bought the korean short ribs at Whitevens I asked to read the label, even though I'd bought the same ribs there two weeks before. I felt like I was being overly cautious to ask to see the label again, even though I knew the sauce on the ribs didn't have any nut products. Still, I am trying hard to adhere to advice I keep seeing repeated: read every label, every time. That is, read the ingredients label for every product you use every time you buy it, since manufacturers can change ingredients at any time. Or in the case of the ribs, they could have switched to a different sauce; one that might contain peanuts, or some other deadly nut. I felt like a broken record asking, but the counterperson was totally understanding and accommodating.

No comments:

Post a Comment